Updated: Dec 6, 2022
The Benefits of a Body Scrub
Body scrubs are a mechanical exfoliation. This means that they physically remove dead skin cells from the outer layer of your skin with abrasive ingredients, these ingredients are usually sugar or salt. This process stimulates skin turnover which makes the skin smoother, brighter and sometimes preventing acne breakouts.
Once dead skin cells and dirt have been removed, it allows creams and moisturises to penetrate the deeper layer of your skin and absorb much better. This will make your skin feel more hydrated and softer, giving it a healthy glow.
Depending on your skin type, body scrubs may not work well for you. Body scrubs do not always need to shop brought, you can make your own body scrubs at home.
Its is good to exfoliate 2/3 times a week, you do not want to exfoliate everyday as this can cause the skin to become dry, sensitive and irritated. Body scrubs are also very beneficial before going on holiday as it removes of all the dead skin cells, allowing the skin to get a healthy and even tan.
List of benefits for using body scrub
· Promoting efficient circulation and skin cell turnover.
· Removing dead cells from the skin's surface.
· Smoothing and softening rough, dry skin.
· Drawing out impurities and clearing congestion.
· Allows creams and moisturises to absorb better.
· Freeing ingrown hairs and smoothing razor bumps.
· Reduces Breakouts and Acne.
How to use a body scrub at home
The best way is to use a body scrub is 2/3 times a week this will help keep your skin become soft and smooth from head to toe.
Here a little tip for a body care routine:
· Using lukewarm water (letting it run for about 5-10minutes to soften the skin)
· Turning of the running water and applying your scrub in circular motions (starting from the feet upwards towards your heart will help enhance circulation)
· Maintain gentle pressure (do not scrub too hard)
· Rinse all the scrub of thoroughly
· Applying you favourite body oil or lotion when the skin is still damp.
Professional Body Scrub Treatments
Sometimes it is a lovely treat to book in for a professional body scrub treatment at a spa or salon. The benefits to having this treatment done by a qualified professional is you get better results, and the professional products used are usually a better quality then you can purchase on the high street. Your therapist will be able to cover all the areas that are difficult to get by yourself.
At Touch of Paradise, we offer body exfoliation treatments for you to enjoy. During our body exfoliation treatments, a body scrub will be massaged across your body, using energetic movements to rub the scrub into your skin, to buff away any dead cells on the surface or the skin. After the scrub you will have a shower to wash the scrub and residue from your body.
Our Full Body Exfoliation Ritual includes a moisturising ritual after showering, which covers the whole body in a luxury cream. If you go for our standard body scrubs, we recommend you using a body oil or lotion later in the day, to get the maximum benefits from your treatment. If you would like to book a body scrub treatment, please click the button below to book in online, or email us at email@example.com